Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wow

Wow it's been quite some time since I've posted. Busy busy busy stupid exams. New season just started, so I shall comment on the 3 shows that I've caught so far.

HnG2:
So far... this season of HnG has been quite the same to me as the previous season, save for the lack of "genki-ness" as previously mentioned. Character designs are quite similar, though why, oh why did they change Maria's uniform to blackish?! Blue was very fine, thank you. Isumin was cute, though kind of lacking in lines, and little screentime. Izumi stole the show for me though. ED was noticable for the emphasis on Hinagiku, though since Hina and I got not much affinity, it doesn't really work for me. I can imagine the millions of Hina fans grinning in glee though.

K-On!:
Awesome. Saw the preview and immediately discovered who will be my favourite one already. I believe this is the first time this happened to me. ED was catchy and caught my interest fast, and of course, Mio being the main character could be the reason for its awesomeness. OP took a little longer to grow on me, but the catchy tune helped and some Minami-ke vibe. Show was simple enough, and I thought the seiyuu work was pretty cute at some parts. "nani sore ba iin daro~?" Aww...

FMA Brotherhood:
Yay for the return of the Elric brothers (and Winry). It wasn't a particularly interesting episode, I feel there is a bit too much emphasis on the Chibi-Ed joke. Can't say I appreciate the change for Winry yet, but can't wait to see how the new Winry would be like. Storyline was so-so, kind of like setting up the stage for the next episode. Oh yes! And Roy Mustang's aide is cute standing there by the side. She needs more screentime. OP and ED aren't worth mentioning.

Can't wait for TMOSH2. Considering between Hatsukoi and Valkyrie too.

No comments: