Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2008 Fall

So far I've only caught a few shows this season, and there are so many more left...

Clannad AS: As expected from KyoAni, this one delivers and I am enjoying this season of Clannad. I'm a little jolted by the RakiSuta faces in ClannadAS 03 though, as it was rather unexpected. All the characters are cute as usual, except Kyou seems to have morphed a little into "dark" Kyou, which is scary... Tomoyo is rather aloof though. Probably a post-Clannad 24 effect. Kotomi-nano is still very cute. Nagisa became rather endearing, and she should wear her new hairstyle more often! I shall not venture into Mei and Sanae's territory lest I start blubbering here.

Kannagi: Great OP, fun storyline. Nagi is quite a amusing character, though I wonder how the story will progress from here as there doesn't seem much that both of them can do other than hunt bugs or start uncovering Nagi's past and fighting "bugs" ala Shana. From the OP, it may well take a Slice of Life-ish comedy turn and then things may be looking good (maybe).

Toradora: Wasn't particularly drawn into this show as I keep getting Shana-vibes everywhere. Actually, just from Taiga alone. I have a little more interested in the Taiga's friend and that is not a good thing I think. Male protagonist is very dull.

To Aru Majustsu no Index: Cute and cute, Index is cute, lightning-girl is tsuntsun and there is a crazy smoking loli who is a teacher which scares me. Male protagonist isn't too bad. Storyline so far is very Shana-ish (again, what's up with that? Must be the JC Staff effect) and the antagonists are beyond dull. Next episode with some nice swordplay may be more fun, but then again, I'm not really into sword-swinging-shojos (I don't hate them, but I don't award points for that). Still, there's quite a bit more character development and history to look forward to, and the animation so far is nice, so it's been enjoyable.

And that's all I've managed to catch up to this season. 4 shows is mad, and still got more. Last season I only caught how many ah... So many kena temporarily dropped. Oh well.

And I spammed Utawarerumono today. A crazy 13 episode marathon to reach the ep15 mark now. Aruru-chan wa kawaii! But the middle of the series is starting to become a little sian because nothing much is happening besides some soldiers slashing each other and house-burning. Also getting a lot of supernatural elements coming into play suddenly which makes the power balance in the show go out of whack. The crazy emperor of the too-long-to-remember-the-name country also has a horrifying which grates me every time he laughs. I like how the transition Hakuoro had from village head to emperor is carried out though, how life changed for him and Eruru/Aruru, how responsibilities changed, and the calm samurai-general is quite a cool character. Yuzuha just needs to open her eyes ala Nunnally.

Oh and the twin archers are cute.

Yes and their gender are (rather) undefined.

So, they better be onna no ko's.

1 comment:

ZeoiNagePotato said...

"Yuzuha just needs to open her eyes ala Nunnally."

Since it's Nakahara Mai, Yuzuha will die ala nagisa.

The archers have balls. Better start re-examining your orientation.