Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kupo!



What a cute moogle.

Druaga is an asshole of a show, really. After getting my hopes up with an episode made of win, it dashes them with a dead boring one. I mean, where were Fatina and Neeba? I like their party more than Jil's, if only for the chance of seeing Fatina fight a roper. Even Jil's party got sidelined by some (probably) once-off character, leaving Coopa to keep ep6 afloat.

This has been evident since the first ep, but the way most of the fights in Druaga were handled reminded me of Zunderella's fight with the invisible shape-shifting monsters at the Prince's ball. The fighting choreography got outsourced to some far-flung country and didn't make it back on schedule, so they just 轻描淡写 or plain skip to the next chapter. It's as if Jil and company got so sick of level-grinding they went to the options screen and turned off the battle animation just to speed things up. Zunderella didn't have to do much fighting "on screen" because the author sucks at writing you see. Not that i'm complaining, it doesn't really matter to me as i'm tuning in for the laughs (and fanservice) which are sadly missing from this ep.

Highlight of this episode for me was the OP, no joke. The OP animation is still freaking enjoyable after 6 weeks, as is the song itself. When is the single for Swinging coming out? Come to think of it, the other show this season where i enjoyed the first 90 seconds more than the subsequent 20 minutes was ToLoveRu. That song is too good for the show.

On the gaming front, i finally got sick of Persona 3 (again) after 20+ hours and a sore left thumb. Game clock now stands at 90+ hours. The 100% completionist in me refuses to speed play through the game, so I wonder when i'll actually finish Persona 3. FFXII, Xenosaga 3 and SD Gundam G Generation Spirits have all been sitting in my DVD box at various stages of "incompletion" too since last year. I was hoping i could finish up P3 before Persona 4 is released, but that feels improbable now.

P4 seems to be a sequel to P3, but so is the anime. Thus, i shouldn't expect too much in terms of story or character crossovers. Horie Yui and Koshimizu Ami are part of the new cast. Voice samples for Ami here and Yui here. I recognised Koshimizu's voice immediately (it's just a less goofy version of my Yakumo's cockroach sister), but Horie is using a slightly gravelly and tomboyish voice i'm not used to, especially in her very first line in this clip. Interesting stuff.

P.s. Congrats to Kagamisumi on finally solving your Hdd space crunch. What did you do? Delete your triple redundant copies of LS? Or Inuyasha?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... personally Druaga is getting stale to me generally. It's only delicious-sounding Kaaya and lame-sounding Coopa that is keeping the show afloat for me. Jil is dead boring.

OP of ToLoveRu is nice? I didn't even watch this show. Druaga's not bad though. Catchy tune.

And Tenma is cute. Not cockroach. Super looking forward to SR3.

Deleted some pokemon haha. And Saiunkoku, since I really really doubt that I would actually watch that anytime soon, if ever. Still got tonnes that I've yet to watch, for example, Minami-ke (!!!!!) #(*&%#(*&%(&(%

And I only have 2 copies of Raki Suta only haha. Still contemplating on whether to delete Inuyasha.

ZeoiNagePotato said...

You have no idea what you're missing in M-I-N-A-M-I-K-E! Lets Go!