Sunday, August 24, 2008

Osu!

Osu! 皆さんこんにちは!私はカガミスミンです!

I've just been added into this blog like... half an hour ago? The Boss, whom I'll address as 大将 from now onwards, has just left the conscious realm and is probably indulging in some private time with his Rierie now. So, what will I be bringing onto the table?

Firstly, I may end up being more focused on shows. Why? Because I actually watch them and am given a free license to comment/rant here. Hence, the question is, why not? Some of my favourite shows thus far (in no particular order): Lucky Star, Full Metal Panic, All Key/KyoAni shows, Azumanga Daioh, Code Geass, Love Hina (why? I don't know myself.), School Rumble, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and lastly (and mostly), The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. How do these shows make it into my favourite list? Most importantly, I'm consistent in watching them, and actually look forward to the next episodes. Also, each of these shows have (at least) a character who is super cute.

Will I be focusing as much on seiyuus? I'll try, but the results won't be fantastic. Why? For one, identifying seiyuus is an epic failure of mine (as proven repeatedly by 大将). Hence, I am unwilling to blatantly flaunt my lack of knowledge here (despite this place having an audience of 1), and much less, to look (too) stupid in the process. Being unable to provide original content for myself, I will have to resort to shameless ripping of images from various sources to entertain you reader(s).

Now what shall I be posting about for my virgin post? Of course (and most expectedly), it will have to be on a character from FMP, Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa. Why does she have this (dubious) honour of being blogged about first? Well, she is undoubtedly my favourite character (as of now) and therefore, she provides ample material for me to rave about. Let us start with a nice picture of her:



There you go. Doesn't she just look so radiant, with her platinum-white hair and glowing skin?

In the Full Metal Panic series, she is the captain of an elite submarine, Tuatha De Danaan, and is part of an anti-terrorist organization known as the Mithril. She consistently provides much humour and hilarity into the show, all the while maintaining her feminine charm and lovableness (otherwise known as being かわいい). She has a love interest, which is unfortunately (for her but not for me) unrequited. 长话短说, she is cute, is very adorable, and ultimately, my favourite.

Personally, I do not have a favourite seiyuu yet, unlike my 大将. This is probably because my knowledge and exposure to all the many seiyuus are still in a very nascent stage, and putting faces and names together happen to be one of my weaker facilities. Out of my fingertips, I can probably just name you around ten of them (and 1 male seiyuu, Ono Daisuke, don't ask me why), and that's about it.

Unfortunately, I have some real-life commitments which do take up quite a bit of my time, and therefore I will not be able blog as often as I may like (unlike some others who can derive sufficient sustenance from blogging[!!!]). Most probably, I will not be posting such long articles very often, unless they kill off C.C. in the next episode (for which I will scream bloody murder and rage here until Sunrise recant of its error). Therefore, this blog will just contain simple posts of me and my 大将, so please do not expect too much.

As it is getting rather late, and I am getting rather tired, I'll end my pioneer post with a nice Tessa-sigh, and I wish that you (all) will enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy typing this.



お休みなさい!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought you added a "topless" tag, gave me a shock.