Friday, March 28, 2008

Tanaka Rie Fanboying

This is old news but Tanaka Rie is in the cast for Eve no Jikan, a Sci-fi anime movie which premiered yesterday. I’m not sure what it’s about, since I ‘m too lazy to try and decipher the movie’s homepage, but it appears that Rie is playing some android character. Oh, and the movie is rated 18+ only. Several other seiyuu that I like are in the show too (Satou Rina, Sawashiro Miyuki, Sugita Tomokazu), so I’ll probably watch it if it’s available here later (or when someone decides to sub it =p).

Off the top of my head, the only spring series that I remember having Rie in it is Macross Frontier. There might be others but I’m not checking so that I can be pleasantly surprised later on. With Kimikiss having just ended and Hayate as well as KimiAru coming to an end this weekend, the only Rie shows that I’m following will be Mnemosyne and whatever's coming up. Of course there’s Burst Angel and Azumanga that’s currently on TV but I only watch them on and off.

Rie mentioned on her blog that she’s been plagued by pollen and heavy rains recently. Just a few days ago, she had her umbrella blown out of shape outside the Nippon Broadcasting System building (she co-hosts ミューコミ, a late night radio show, on Thursdays).
That’s her in the studio with a box of Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG on her head. Apparently she's still mad over it. I don’t know who the other guy is and I don’t really care. (Ok, he’s actually the regular host Yoshida Hisanori, who also voiced Aspergillus Niger in Moyashimon.)

She also mentioned that she’s into flowers lately, which inspired my origami post. My Japanese is really sucky but she seems to be saying that she enjoys talking to them. 0_0


Random picture from around her birthday back in January. Lucky cake...

And Nekomimi Rie from her birthday concert.

No comments: