Saturday, April 19, 2008

2nd Looks – Mystery Show

Let’s play a game. Try guessing which show I’m talking about.

The Players
Boy is one of those angsty delinquent bad boy types and seems to have issues regarding his family. Girl is slightly clumsy but cute and lacks self esteem. She happens to have some sort of illness too. Girl wants to perform but she’s too timid. Boy convinces her to fight for her dreams. Along the way Boy encounters Delicious Meron-pan & Thigh Meat, but one can predict he is going to forsake that sumptuous buffet for the sick and vulnerable Girl. Probably not surprising if at the end Girl has Boy’s babies then dies a tragic death.

Am I talking about Clannad?

Hint: Delicious Meron-pan & Thigh Meat is bitchy and flirty. She’s turning out to be my favourite character though.

The Boobs
Boobs transitioning from zero to normal gravity. Boobs strapped in black leather. Boobs spilt out of tube tops. Boobs that are actually tuna buns. Surprisingly, this is not my favourite aspect of the show, but can’t say I don’t enjoy it. Just not the reason I’m tuning in.

Hint: No nipples except on the tuna bun, i.e. this is not a H-OVA or late night ATX broadcast.)

The Machines
Sleek and sexy. Hate the gay colours though. Why can’t everything be grey/khaki/green camo like in Gasaraki or Votoms?

Hint: Gundams have some of the gayest colour schemes in anime. I’m not saying it is mecha though, might be motorbikes or cellphones or something.

The Table Humping
Am I talking about Code Geass? Hint: They’re not humping the table per se, more like humping each other on the table.

The Songs
OP asks me who I wanna kissu. Catchy chorus. First ED is a bunch of gibberish that sounds like Eyemo. I prefer the faster insert song version which was beautiful. 2nd ED says goodbye. I loved it. Someone yells “MOTTEKE!!!” near the beginning of every episode and sometimes in the middle. I want this song on my playlist. Finally, someone sings a - gasp - MANDARIN song in this show.

Hint: It is not a Taiwanese drama that has borrowed anime music.

The Seiyuu
Izumi Konata, Takara Miyuki, Hiiragi Tsukasa, Suzumiya Haruhi, Kyon, Uraha, Aizawa Yuichi, Furukawa Sanae, Okazaki Tomoya, Sakagami Tomoyo, Mikihara Ren.

Hint: It is not by Kyoani.

Do I like This Show?
Hell yeah!!!

No comments: