Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Roll


Kagamisumin said he's going to be "catching up on a humongous backlog of stuff to watch". Well, good luck to you, bcos the spring season starts this week. =)

Looking through the various upcoming shows, i can't say i'm really excited about any of them. Guess i'm still hung up over the fact that most of the shows on my watchlist have ended, exceptions being Gintama and Persona. Mnemosyne too, but it's a monthly OVA. I really enjoyed quite a few of those that have just ended, for example, Minami Ke, HnG, Spice & Wolf, Shion no Ou, Rental Magica, etc. Clannad hasn't ended as far as i'm concerned.

So what's there to look forward to in the coming weeks?

Wagaya no Oinarisama. I haven't had enough of furry goddesses and the character designs looks cute.

Special A. ANN: "Kei loves Hikari. Everyone knows this, but she is too dense to notice." Somehow that reminded me of Harima and the cockroach sister of my Yakumo. Btw, i think i read somewhere that School Rumble 3 has been green-lit for production.

Soul Eater. Cute design. Has Emiri Katou in the cast if Kagamisumi is interested.

Library War. It says military comedy under genre over at the ANN entry. Actually i'm just looking for some comedy to tide me over till HnG2. The premise sounds stupid enough and the design reminds me of Pumpkin Scissors, which i rather liked. Anyway, i'm going to watch it because of Tanaka Rie.

Macross Frontier. I read every single Robotech novel, so Macross stories always confuse me. But i like Veritechs. And Tanaka Rie.

Candy Boy. More incestous yuri twins. i thought the original was a great show, short and sweet. Let's see how they can expand that into something more, considering the original was essentially a promo video for a music CD. Hopefully we get some yuri twincest btw Kana and Yuki, TSR style. The stalker played by Katou Emiri can go choke on banana rolls.

xxxHolic: Kei. Yuko-san is so sekushi.

i'm already 2 episodes into Bus Gamer, i have absolutely no idea where it's going and I can't drop it even if the 3rd ep sucks. Why? Because it only has 3 eps.


I think that's about it for now. But as usual i'll be catching at least 2 or 3 eps of everything just to give every show a chance then end up with 30 shows on my watchlist a month from now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunno whether you have seen this before or not ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1TB4gEUY

Dunno really have this game/movie or not ... haha ... but quite nice :)

Anonymous said...

Sian... No more HDD space left... HOW!!!??? Going to have to delete some things already...

But the new season only got a few I'm gonna catch I guess. The rest, let you intro to me can le, if they are particularly good, since I have like... limited space.

Allison to Lillia: Considering leh. Sounds a bit like Last Exile... if good story, might be interesting. I think I'll give it a chance...

Kanokon: Only caught my eye because it sounds similar to Kanon and has Ayako Kawasumi in it.. but fanservice... guess not.

Soul Eater: Emiri Katou! How long ere I heard from thee! But the story totally doesn't catch my interest...

Uchino 3 Shimai: Ahahahas... Minami-Ke!

Library War: It's comedy? Hmm totally didn't bother until now... Tell me if the comedy works, haha! May consider...

Wagaya no Oinari-sama: Furry creatures once again... and now, upgraded with a male form... zzz

S-A ~Special-A~: Top show for this season thus far for me... And no, it's totally different from Sukuran... Neither Harima nor Yakumo's nee-san are top students.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~: Chihara Minori!!! But.. storyline fails for me...

Itazura na Kiss: Sounds good too, but very similar to S.A. ... Oh well, safety net then.

xxxHOLic Kei: Still need to see first season, and this works for Macross, To Heart and Da Capo... which means, probably unlikely unless someone absolutely recommends it.

So let's see... Allison to Lillia, S-A ~Special-A~ and Itazura na Kiss will be watching, together with whatever Kyoto Animation cooks up for this season (if they actually do so, confirmed they are going on a haitus this Spring?)

Library Wars, The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~,still considering... Qweeeiiii~

Still need to find space for the 3 shows...

ZeoiNagePotato said...

@nikuman: Oh, that's a fanmade video with Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive characters. The guy who made this is bloody skilled though. Looks professional.

@kagamisumi: Go delete your triple copies of Lucky Star for goodness's sake.

i dun think Uchi no San Shimai is going to have any transvestites and male strippers though. And you know there's a Taiwanese drama adaptation of Itazura na Kiss, right? 恶作剧之吻? Rings a bell? I dunno about you, but Taiwanese drama adaptations always seem to give me a bad impression of the story. Maybe it's because they keep casting all these pretty boyband types who can't act to save their balls.