Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Marimite is Prawn!!!


Ok, I lied.

(But this show probably has more naked people than the average H-OVA thanks to an accurate depiction of Michelangelo’s Last Judgement.)

This is a show about girls and… girls.

Don’t worry about any of them humping tables ala Nina though; they’re all nice and cute people who are involved in innocent and heartwarming relationships. Like the Dango Daikazoku.

Actually I bought the 1st season’s DVD on impulse only because of the seiyuu cast. Ya i know, dumb thing to do, potential waste of $$$. Luckily I liked the show, though the subs kind of sucked. Animation quality wasn’t high to begin with, so the Truly Asian "Original" DVD Quality couldn’t make it much worse.

Normally I’d be cursing the lack of hot yuri action/table humping when the setup is perfect for it, but I’m actually cool with it this time round. This isn’t OtoBoku or Moyashimon. The characters are great, and I like it the way it is.

I had written 3 paragraphs on why I like this show, but realized I was just beating about the bush. Truth is I’ve no idea why I like it. Do I need a reason?

Nah.

If I had to give one it’ll be I enjoyed hearing the girls saying “蟹名” over and over again.
That’s the surname of one of the girls, written with the kanji for “crab” (kani) and “name” (na).

Kanina.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno... looking through Wiki didn't really inspire me much. Maybe it's an acquired taste as you watch the show thing...

Like how Zettai Karen Children is growing on me with the 2nd and 3rd episodes. The OP is funny and cute. Also some interesting parts and interaction among characters. The Boss is totally not funny though...

CG is moving extremely slowly for me. At ep17 le. Slow like turtle.

Is Pani Poni Dash nice? Heard of it here and there, everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Zettai Karen Children is getting a bit better. I lol'ed at Kaoru's Hataraki Man imitation in ep4. Looks like besides the timeslot, this show inherited HnG's penchant for random referencing too.

I only caught 2 episodes of PPD one or two years back, so i don't remember much about it besides the fact that i didn't like it enough to watch beyond that. Oh, i remember Becky and the depressed rabbit, but that's about it. Seems to be one of those shows that are full of random stuff.